Within the Norgrove Group, we feel very passionately about giving back to the community. Mental health issues are very close to our hearts and with this in mind we launched the Norgrove Foundation to help those suffering and raise awareness of the very real mental issues people suffer from on a day-to-day basis.
We are in the process of setting up a new website for the Norgrove Foundation and we are always looking at ways to help support people experiencing mental health problems.
How common is mental health issues?
Mental health issues are a lot more common than people think and there’s a very good chance that either you or someone you love, have been affected by mental health problems. Below are facts and statistics from research provided by the charity, Mind:
- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England
- 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England
In any given week in England:
- Mixed anxiety and depression is specifically diagnosed to 8 in 100 people
- Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD) is specifically diagnosed to 6 in 100 people
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is specifically diagnosed to 4 in 100 people
- Depression is specifically diagnosed to 3 in 100 people
- Phobias is specifically diagnosed to 2 in 100 people
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is specifically diagnosed to 1 in 100 people
- Panic disorder is specifically diagnosed to fewer than 1 in 100 people
Suicidal thoughts and self-harm aren’t mental health diagnoses. But they are related to mental health and over the course of someone’s lifetime:
- 1 in 5 people have suicidal thoughts
- 1 in 14 people self-harm
- 1 in 15 people attempt suicide
What are we doing about it:
We are already looking forward to raising money in 2021 and have a number of ideas planned ranging from: Coffee & Cake Morning, Fancy Dress Day, Mountain Treks and much, much more.
Keep your eyes peeled for regular updates and opportunities to either take part or make donations!